Basic Life Support Course (BLS)
Four hours audiovisual hands on training program, provide the participants with the skill and knowledge to deal with the cardiac arrest ,for adult, children and infants, also dealing with the chocking for the adult and infant.at the end of the program there is practical and written exam with passing score 84%.
The American Heart Association’s BLS for Heart-Care Providers Course is cutting-edge, not only in terms of its evidence-based content but in its use of a well-tested methodology that can dramatically improve both the learning and retention of lifesaving skills. This course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high quality chest compressions, deliver appropriates ventilations and provide early use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator).
- Activating the emergency response system
- Giving breaths for adult, child and infant victims by using; mouth-to-mouth ventilation, Mouth-to-mask ventilation and Bag-to -mask ventilation
- Giving compressions for adult, child and infant victims
- Performing 1 and 2-rescuer CPR for adult, child and infant victims
- Using an AED for victims above 1 year of age
- Relieving chocking in the responsive and unresponsive victim of any age
Upon successful course completion, including demonstration of skills competency in all learning stations and passing the one and two rescuer CPR and AED skills test , Infant CPR Skills Test and Written Test To pass 84%.
Timing of program:
1 day (8:00 am to 2:00 pm)