Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) Instructor course
The ATLS Instructor Course consists of a variety of teaching-how-to-teach components that are directly related to the ATLS® core content:
- principles and philosophies of teaching the course;
- management of various students behaviors;
- techniques for giving a lecture;
- techniques for skills-teaching;
- techniques for leading group discussion;
- techniques for critiquing and assessing student's performance.
There is no formal and standard assessment for a participant's ability. Instead, the performance and the attitude of the participant will be evaluated throughout the entire course. A participant with unsatisfactory performance will be requested to retake the Course later.
- To be able to master the Student Course content and teaching skills.
- To demonstrate commitment to the care of the trauma patient
- Demonstration of proper attitude of a model instructor
- Demonstration of effective communication skills
- Willingness to serve as a faculty team member
- Certificate Accredited by the American College of Surgeon Valid for 4 Years
- Kuwait 9 CME/CEPD
Timing of program:
1st day (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
2nd day (8:00 am to 5:00 pm)