Triage Training Program
The aim of the program is to train the ER (Emergency Room) employee to reach to the effective triage which entails getting the patient to the right place at the right time and with the right care provider. The participant will be able to take the first decision point in care of the emergency patient by determining the nature of the problem as well as the urgency by which the problem should be evaluated and treated.
Incorrect identification of the patient’s problem can delay treatment and may adversely affect outcome. For example, a patient who complains of jaw pain may be incorrectly sent to the dental clinic if the nurse does not consider other causes of this pain, such as myocardial infarction.
- Identify clinical inquiry as an essential competency
- Discuss the unique nature of emergency triage system
- Discuss the current state-of-the-science of the emergency triage assessment
- Have confidence and competence in triaging variant patient conditions
- Reflected high quality performance during work
- Diagnose and manage life-sustaining physiologic functions in unstable patients
- Skilled know-how of managing crisis
- Providing comfort measures for the emergency patients
- Facing death: end-of-life care
- Communicating and negotiating multiple clinical, ethical and practical perspectives
- Monitoring quality and emergency care quality indicators
- Checking the triage practice competencies like, hemodynamic monitoring
Regional Life Support Training Center (RLSTC) - 7 CME/CEPD