Operation Theatre Program
This four days program is designed for operating theatre nurses to develop their evidence-based knowledge of caring for the patient undergoing surgery and anesthesia. The structure has been designed to allow the exploration of a key aspect of safe delivery of care on each day thus allowing learners to develop and build on their knowledge over the duration of the program.
- Develop the evidence-based knowledge of caring for the patient undergoing surgery and anesthesia.
- Exploring the key aspect of care for safe delivery for the client before, undergoing and post-surgery.
- Build and develop the knowledge and the skills which are needed during working in OT over the duration of the program.
- Merge the theoretical information and practical skills by utilizing a range of modes of delivering the program, which include formal lecture based sessions and practical programs
- Being able to pass a short test on the final day which will allow learners to identify their strengths and areas for further development.
Birmingham City University