Online Course – Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Heartcode ACLS is the AHA’s blended learning delivery method for the AHA’s ACLS Course. Blended learning is a combination of eLearning, in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on session. HeartCode ACLS is a self-directed, comprehensive eLearning program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. To enter the course, students must complete a precourse self-assessment. Students will then be presented with a team dynamic lesson and 10 In-hospital patient cases, including a BLS case and 2 megacode cases.
• Resuscitation technology
• High-quality CPR
• Intraosseous infusion
• Waveform capnography
• Advanced airway management
• This blended learning course requires prior knowledge of ACLS, and may be better suited to students renewing their course completion card versus those taking an ACLS Course for the first time.
• Includes 10 in-hospital patient cases. Individual scenarios within each case may vary depending on the on the learner to maximize the learning opportunities and mimic the variation of real-life scenarios.
• Videos include:
- Systematic Approach
- Science of Resuscitation
- High-Quality BLS
- Airway Management
- Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Team Dynamics
- Megacode (2)
- Algorithms (4)
• eSimulation cases include
- BLS case
- 7 cardiovascular, respiratory and stroke cases
- 2 Megacode cases
• Summary of critical concepts provided for each eSimulation case
• Virtual debriefings provided immediately after each eSimulation
• Provides online access to the ACLS Provider Manual and the 2015 Handbook of ECC
• Multiple choice, 50 question exam to test cognitive knowledge
• Certificate of completion available to print after HeartCode ACLS modules, exam, and course evaluation have been completed successfully
• Students may access all information included in HeartCode ACLS for 24 months (two years) following activation of course
After completing the online portion of this course, you must complete a hands-on session and you will receive an ACLS course completion card, valid for two years.