EDE 2 – Resuscitation Bootcamp Program (POCUS)
The EDE Resuscitation Bootcamp is a one-day interactive online and three-day supervised hands-on workshop that provides instruction on using point of care ultrasound (POCUS) in the management of shock and cardiorespiratory arrest.
Participants will learn how to generate quality images, how to trouble-shoot the difficult scan, and how to integrate information generated by POCUS to manage common shock and arrest scenarios.
The following applications are included:
1. Transthoracic cardiac views including parasternal long, parasternal short, apical four chamber, and subxiphoid for cardiac function, pericardial effusion, tamponade, and chamber dilation.
2. Inferior vena cava for assistance with fluid status.
3. Pulmonary scans for pneumothorax, pleural effusion, pulmonary edema, consolidation.
Assessment of participants will include a written exam, observed practical exam, and interactive visual exam with an instructor covering the applications and their use in clinical scenarios.
Upon successful completion of all required scans and exams, participants will qualify for Independent Practitioner Certification in Resuscitation with the Canadian Point of Care Ultrasound Society (CPOCUS).
1. Pre-course online didactic modules to be completed in the 4 weeks prior to the workshop.
2. 2.5 days of supervised scanning of live models to obtain the required number of determinate scans in each application to meet CPOCUS requirements.
3. 0.5 days of written, practical, and visual exams.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Accreditation
This program is recognized by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada for certified continuing education credits. The Royal College has agreements with the American Medical Association, European Union of Medical Specialists and Qatar Council for Healthcare Practitioners for CPD credits. The CFPC has agreements with the American Academy of Family Physicians and numerous other health professional organizations.