Bleeding Control Workshop
Bleeding Control Course is a 2 hours course teaches participants the basic life-saving medical interventions, including bleeding control with a tourniquet, bleeding control with gauze packs or topical hemostatic agents, and opening an airway to allow a casualty to breathe.
At the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the rationale for early use of a tourniquet for life-threatening extremity bleeding.
- Demonstrate the appropriate application of a tourniquet to the arm and leg.
- Describe the progressive strategy for controlling hemorrhage.
- Describe appropriate airway control techniques and devices.
- Demonstrate the correct application of a topical hemostatic dressing (combat gauze).