Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) Provider Course
Advanced life support in obstetrics ( ALSO® ) in an evidence-based multidisciplinary training course that prepares maternity health care providers to better manage obstetric emergencies.
ALSO course bridges knowledge gaps and boosts skill sets using a team-based approach, hands-on training and mnemonics to reduce errors and save lives.
The ALSO course combines hands-on simulation training with multidisciplinary team-based approaches to enable better management obstetric emergencies. Small group workstations, minimal lecture time and low faculty-to-participant ratios benefits both learners and course sponsors that seek to provide high quality educational experiences.
Practical, hands-on skill building
Facilitated by ALSO® approved instructors, participants attending an ALSO® course learn approaches to:., the ALSO curriculum further
- Manage emergency situations, including postpartum hemorrhage, shoulder dystocia, and pre-eclampsia
- Labor and delivery room emergency care is the main focus of the program
- Addresses preventive care and practice concerns, such as:
- First-trimester complications
- Helping parents cope with a birth crisis
- Diagnostic ultrasound
- CME credit by American Academy of Family Physician (AAFP)
- Kuwait 12 CME/CEPD