To be a quality specialist in healthcare organizations, it’s required to have at least one of two most important recognized post graduate studies in TQM in healthcare organizations, either TQM Diploma or CPHQ, both need time, efforts & cost.
In this program you will be able to have the two certificates with reduction of time, efforts & cost in one course instead of two different courses.
This program is Professional Diploma in Total Quality Management in Healthcare Organizations (TQMD) with preparation to international Exam of CPHQ, which will enable you to combine knowledge, skills of TQM & CPHQ in one course with applied practical project in elegant healthcare organizations
Upon completion of this course, the trainees will be able to:
- Know all basic information & requirements needed for passing the international exam of CPHQ, Information about the exam degrees & main chapters of Janet Brown Handbook of Healthcare Quality which is the main recourses for studying & preparing for CPHQ Exam.
- Learn basics of quality, quality management & total quality management, definitions, aspects, Dimensions, development, revolution & modern applications in healthcare organizations.
- Acquire skills of leadership & people management in TQM, Leadership styles & its applications In leading team works in quality departments.
- Discover main functions of quality department & relations with other departments.
- Know basics of Risk management in healthcare organizations.
- Acquire skills of Utilization management in hospitals.
- Learn financial management related to quality costs.
- Study Case management & Care Coordination.
- Learn essentials of Patient Safety, International Patient Safety Goals & how to avoid medical errors.
- Learn fundamentals of Performance management, Concepts of Performance Improvement & Different approaches of Performance improvement in hospitals.
- How to put guidelines & clinical pathways, how to review credentials & privileging.
- Study basics of Accreditation & journey of hospital preparation for accreditation.
- Learn basics of Information management & statistical methodologies.
- How to use different models of display charts & quality tools.
- Acquire skills of People management, change management & team motivation.
- How to apply different Quality tools in Different types of Quality projects in hospitals.
Chapter (1) Quality Concepts:
- Basic information about CPHQ & All requirements for exam
- Overview on course outline
- Quality Definitions
- Quality Aspects & Dimensions
- Quality & Accreditation Journey
- System Approach
- Integrated Delivery System
Chapter (2) Leadership & strategic planning:
- Leadership & Management
- Leadership styles
- Roles of different leadership levels
- Organizational Ethics
- Strategic Planning
- Balanced Scorecard (BSC)
Chapter (3) Quality Management:
- Quality Management
- Utilization Management
- Financial Management
- Risk Management
- Patient Safety
- Case Management
Chapter (4) Performance Management:
- Performance Improvement Concepts
- Performance Improvement Approaches
- Performance Measurement
- Clinical Process Improvement
- Review Processes
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Practitioner Appraisal
Chapter (5) Information Management:
- Information Management
- Medical Record
- Basic Statistics
- Data Handling
- Display Techniques
- Quality Tools
Chapter (6) People Management:
- Change Management
- Team Coordination
- Negotiation skills
- Decision Making
- Training & Orientation
- Performance Evaluation &KPIs
60 accredited training hours, 12 lectures within 3 months – once per week (5 hours)
By the end of this course, trainees will receive two accredited certificates after passing (MCQ Exam) of 50 marks & discussion of (Graduation Applied project) of 50 marks, the two certificates are:
- Accredited Certificate of Completion of: “Professional Diploma of Total Quality Management in Healthcare Organizations” Preparatory to CPHQ, with accredited (60 training hours) From Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA) of Dubai Government.
- Accredited Certificate of Completion of: “Professional Diploma of Total Quality Management in Healthcare Organizations” Preparatory to CPHQ, with accredited (60 training hours) From (Initiative Management Consultancy) at UAE.
This course will benefit those who want to be certified professional healthcare quality specialists, Or who are already quality specialists, coordinators, managers, or quality directors & all workers at quality departments at medical centers & hospitals.